A quirky newlyweds exploration of veganism/vegetarianism, building a relationship with Christ, living in a new country and a desperate attempt to discover happiness and satisfaction within. All while trying to put a clever and entertaining twist on her crazy perspective of this world. After all, at the end of the day, all that really matters is laughter and love.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Has congress lost its mind?

Although I do not have children now, one day I will! Even if I didn't I would still feel strongly about this. What we are teaching our children will have a lasting effect on the world and those who live in it- thats me and you! I feel the USDA it trying to make moves in the right direction and Congress can't seem to get on board. Past experience shows that a little "nudging" from the little guy (me and you!) can go a long way.

Let me just lay it out there- pizza is NOT a vegetable. Neither are french fries. This is pretty basic stuff here. If those who have been voted into Congress to aid in running our country can't figure this out we've got some serious issues. If you think that its completely insane that Congress if fighting to keep pizza labeled as a VEGETABLE in our children's food, take 2 minutes and click on the link below.

Side note: I just found out that one slice of cheese pizza from Costco has 700 calories. No, I'm not kidding. So gross.

Check out the facts and take action now!

Additional article on the issue- Good quick read!


Honestly look at the picture below. Let me caption it for you.
Top left to right: sugar, sugar and casein, sugar
Bottom left to right: fat (butter and corn which hardly counts a vegetable), carb and fat patty.

That joke of a "pizza" hardly counts as a vegetable. It's insulting that Congress would suggest otherwise.

I wouldn't eat this. The children out there shouldn't have to either.

No comments:

Post a Comment